Saturday 19 January 2008

January TIF - Stitching 4

This is a little easier of my eyes and is working up much quicker, mainly because of the long carried stitches across the centre. I usually prefer to work with a hoop but I read that it is easier to work darning stitches in the hand. For what I have done so far, I think that is probably true, but I think it would have been easier to keep the tension correct on these long stitches if the fabric had been in a hoop.


I really like the little one over/one under stitches at the edges.

Weaving in and out of the carried stitches is easy to do and I enjoy the rhythm of the weaving. Again, I am want to see how one colour affects the other, that is why I have used all five colours horizontally.


Happy Stitching

4 comments:

Candi said...

Very nice! Now that has got to take a lot of patience!:)
HUGZ:)
Candi

Mary Corbet said...

Hey, this is looking GREAT - I love the way you carried the threads and are weaving them! And I like the way the colors work together, too!

Aaack. I have GOT to get caught up so I can work on my piece!

KV said...

I love the colors you are working in -- makes the piece warm and comfy looking . . .


Kathy V in NM

Possibilities, Etc. said...

Oh WOW! that is a technique I have only read about and studied - I have never had the nerve to try it. It probably would have been easier to carry the long stitches if it were on a hoop. Aren't the colors gorgeous??!!