Saturday, 3 March 2007

Valentine Themed Heart

A month or two ago the Hand Embroidery Group launched a valentine themed heart swap. I really would have liked to take part but knew that I would struggle to complete my heart in the time frame. I pieced a heart to see how much I could get done before signing up, but as I had thought, other commitments meant that I could not spend much time on this.

The print on the right and the small triangle of red in the middle are scraps from a dress I made 3 or 4 years ago. The dark red satin is from a bag of scraps I bought from a local dress maker.

When I have had some spare time I've gradually added a little more stitching to the heart. The poppy on the left is something that I did a couple of years ago with a theme pack of Mulberry Silks called, funnily enough, 'Poppy'. I knew that I had some of these thread left over and wanted to use some of them else where on the heart but it took me a long time to find them. Anyway, I eventually found them, eventually finished the stitching and tonight I finally finished the heart. A bit late for the the swap, but this is my first QC heart and another finished project.

Happy Stitching


sunshine said...

Very lovely I think you did great

Gerry said...

This is really nice. And I love your sampler. GOOD JOB!