Monday 1 February 2010

Show time

Last weekend I was at the Stitch and Creative Crafts Show at Manchester Central demonstrating Japanese Embroidery. I always enjoy these weekends. I get to spend time with friends, do some stitching, meet lots of interesting people and tell them what I love about Japanese Embroidery.

This time there was an other Japanese orientated stand, Festival of Japan, where Jill was demonstrating how to dress in a kimono. As her model had not arrived in time for the first demonstration, I volunteered my services.



Well, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to actually wear these fabulous garments, could I!

5 comments:

Deepa said...

:):)wow!!

Sue said...

Amazing :-)

Anonymous said...

Those are gorgeous! How nice to get to try them on. Very cool!!!!



Ann Flowers
flowerscrazyq@gmail.com

Cda00uk said...

You lucky thing - I am very envious!

Hideko Ishida said...

I've enjoyed your kimono style very much!! Wasn't it uneasy for you? Even for a Japanese girl it might be felt too tightened by obi belt. You've worn even an UCHIKAKE (wedding gown), haven't you? It's very nice!!