Saturday 6 February 2010

Fish Face

The face was without doubt my favourite part of this project. Even though the eyes were stitch first, only now did the full character of this little character finally emerge.

Just look at those puppy-dog eyes. Who could resist them!


Even the lower face is very pretty, and after all of those belly scales the gay stripes including all the different beads were light relief.


With his face and body fully beaded all that was needed was a tail and fins. Multiple layers of stranded beads, topped off with daggers and fire polished beads.


The beading is complete but he still needs lining. That will have to wait; for now my fishy friend has gone travelling. He came with me to Manchester to meet one of his cousins but on the journey home he leapt out of his bowl and stowed away in the boot of Sue's car all the way to Romsey to visit another cousin. He will be staying there until March but I know that he will be safe and happy with his Aunty Sue.


Happy Stitching

16 comments:

meri said...

Wow! He is a beauty!

(first i've written "she"...:)

robin michelle said...

He's so adorable! Those eyes are definitely irresistible.

MeganH said...

He's just *Gorgeous*

oh, I want one!

Anonymous said...

Wow and amazing, what a piece of art. Very well done:)



Ann Flowers
flowerscrazyq@gmail.com

Alena said...

Just amazing!

Ruth O'Leary said...

He's spectacular! You must be very pleased with him.

alsokaizen said...

Both stunning and adorable! that is a rare combination, how big is he? and did you name him?

Front Range Stitcher said...

Oh my what have I stumbled upon here? This (Gill or Gilda?) is a most spectacular work of art! I've just found your blog and I must read further and expect to be here for the duration of our snow storm, which is predicted to last until tomorrow.

Sue said...

Message for Mummy from Edward, Staying with Aunty Sue is fun and Edward and I are having fun but I am behaving myself. But I am looking forward to coming home. Edward X

Mary Corbet said...

Oh WOOOOOW!!!!! Beautiful! I love the fins and tail, too - and the face. Amazing!

Silver Surfer said...

WHAT A BOY !!
simply beautiful..

Susan Elliott said...

He's fabulous CA! And he travels too! What tales he'll have to tell you when he finally gets home...maybe everyone he's spent time with could send you a scrap and you could make a lining that included their spirits too?? Sorry, dear, my mind just goes there and my mouth just spurts off. There's no drugs for it, they've tried everything...

Ellen said...

What a beauty!!!

Maya Sara Matthew said...

Absolutely stunning.

NickiLee said...

WOW! That is one gorgeous fish!

Tangled Stitch said...

Wow! This is extraordinary!