Sunday 13 December 2009

Making Progress

Although I have blogged my progress in the space of about 2 weeks, I have been working on Himotaba throughout the year. I prepped during February so that all of my class time could be spent learning how to stitch the cords. And I got on well during class. I picked up the techniques better than I expected to and made good progress. This is how Himotaba looked at the end of the week.

© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

Following my week in Bournemouth I put Himotaba away so I could focus on finishing Venerable Friends. I didn't look at Himotaba again until my next class in October. By then all my initial doubts and insecurities had risen back to the surface but it didn't take much stitching time for me to resettle and rediscover the joy of stitching cords.

I did struggle with cord #4 for a while but overall I progressed well again. I don't have a picture of where I was at at the end of this course but I know that I these cords were stitched during the couse.

© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

Since than I have been making steady progress, an hour here and an hour there.

© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

And I am a little surprised to see how far Himotaba has come.

Happy Stitching.

5 comments:

Rosali said...

Muy bonito su bordado.

MeganH said...

Wow! It looks great!

Sue said...

Wow Its looking amazing :-)

Susan Elliott said...

Holy smoke! You're almost done!

Just a tassel and I remember that one well...

I like the color palette too CA...very serious and Japanese...

Gonbarimasu.

Diane Cransac said...

your work is just gorgeous. I really enjoy dropping in to see what you are working on!