Sunday 4 January 2009

The Last Day of Christmas

My long Christmas break is coming to an end. At the outset, two weeks seems like a such a long time and I imagined that I would get so much stitching done. Now, on the final day before I resume work, it seems so little time and so very little of it has been spent at the frame! I have found time for stitching, mostly exploring Sumptuous Surfaces or practicing my Japanese Bead Embroidery, but the 'qualitity time' that I expected to spend on my Japanese Embroidery did not materialise.

In the weeks preceeding Christmas, I spent many a pleasant evening working on a gift for J's sister. In September, when I learnt to make these 'Fabulous Fob Dangles' at a beading class, I immediately thought that they would appeal to J's sister. Purple is a favourite colour of hers (and mine) so I ordered a selection of beads in shades of purple to make her a necklace festooned with these beautiful beaded tassels.





We interupt this blog to enjoy an extremely rare experience ...

Fifteen minutes later ...

A few years ago, a Princess came to stay the night.


She is still living here, dining on the finest cat food that money can buy. This is a very cat-friendly environment, living as we do at the end of a Cul-de-sac in a quite village. Beyond our garden is a school playing field, a happy hunting ground for a prowling pussy-cat. Tinkabell, or Smelly Cat as she is otherwise known, is most ungrateful for the luxurious life style she enjoys at our considerable expense, shunning all attempts at affection and even biting the hand that tries to groom her.

As I was writing this blog, completely unbidden, Tink decided to sit in my lap for the first time ever and remained there for 15 minutes, even permitting me to stroke her. Then, just as unexpectedly, she decided enough was enough and was gone ...

Mean while, back at the blog, the day aftger boxing day, I finally completed the lariat and wrapped it just in time to take with us to Amsterdam, where J's Sister lives and where we spent New Year.



Happy New Year.

3 comments:

Jane said...

Ahh, good old Tink, she came round eventually. Hopefully the next time won't take quite as long.
Nice pic by the way, of Tink and the fobs.

Christine said...

I enjoyed Tink's message to us, along with the lovely lariat you made. I have cats myself (as a veterinarian I think it is a requirement). Christine

Nancy G said...

I enjoy viewing your blog, and the story of Tink was heartfelt. Thank you for sharing.