Tuesday 20 January 2009

The Final Bead

As I near the end of a project, I am always instilled with a sense of urgency. This is a desire to see the results rather than to finish working on it.

Over the past few evenings I have spent a longer beading than is good for me. By the time I stop, my neck and shouldeders are stiff and my eyes sore (especially as I spend the entire day on the computer) but the beads have totally seduced me and I just want to do it every spare moment. Even thought there is still a certain amount of 'finishing' to be done, securing the final stitch or adding the final bead to a project always gives me a 'woo hoo' moment when I punch the air and literally whoop with delight. Then I sit quietly and just look at the finished project for some time and savour the moment.

Not long ago I stitched the final bead onto my Phase I Japanese Bead Embroidery. I've had my 'woo hoo' moment and I sat in quiet contemplation with my work.

© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

This has been a really enjoyable project; one that has totally absorded me for the past couple of weeks. All that remains to do now is the finishing and look forward to the next Phase.

© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

Happy Stitching

7 comments:

Jane said...

Lovely. Going to bring it with you?

Deepa said...

It is beautiful.I've been watching the progress of this piece and it has turned out to be worth all the efforts. Now, go for a nice massage to 'repair' your neck and shoulders :)

Arlene White said...

Wow, this is wonderful, great work, I've following your progress, this is quiet an achievement.

Arlene

Anonymous said...

that's a lovely piece....such intricate embroidery...your patience is really commendable.

Anonymous said...

that's a lovely piece....such intricate embroidery...your patience is really commendable.

Susan Elliott said...

Beautiful!!! I know what you mean about stitching until your eyes are sore and your neck is stiff...but boy, the end result is so worth it! Can't wait to see your next piece.
xox Susan

Anonymous said...

Know I see why I haven't heard from you all week. Lovely can't wait to see it for real. Sue X