Wednesday 10 October 2007

Comfort Me, Doll - progress

Many of those taking part in the Beaded Journal Project talk about the therapeutic qualities of beading. I’ve long since considered embroidery to be therapeutic and the main reason I spend so much time doing it is the calming, relaxing effect it has on me. It is amazing how stresses melt away after a few minutes of stitching. It is not surprising that bead embroidery is having the same effect on me, so while stitching this Comfort Doll for some unknown recipient, I have been restoring my own equilibrium.

I first thought that I would use white, pink and gold beads. Last week I was soaking up the healing qualities of the pink beads and just kept going with them. Is pink known to be a healing colour? Is that why it was chosen for the Breast Cancer Awareness Ribbon?

This week my sparkle is restored, so I started to add shades of gold and silver. I hope they add a little sparkle to someone else’s life.


The beads I used for the spiral shapes, I have had for a couple of years. The bag has never been opened. I thought that is was a mix of one shade of gold and one shade of silver. When I opened the bag last night, I was delighted to find a mix of several shades; white gold, pink gold, yellow gold, red gold even one that has a mauve look.

Happy Stitching

3 comments:

KV said...

Oooh, I love the look of this comfort doll -- and I am not even a pink person! But this is going to be very special indeed . . .


Kathy V in NM

GraceBeading said...

Beautiful, the sparkle is wonderful and I'm sure it's much more vibrant in person. I love your first doll as well. You do beautiful work.

Hideko Ishida said...

Your beads choice is very nice. The sparkle is so beautiful to see. I agree all stitching are therapy. I love crocheting, too.