Friday, 19 January 2007

Phone Pouch - Finished

I finally got around to finishing the phone pouch. It got put to one side while I became totally absorbed in the first two stitches for TAST. I'm really keen to get going on the third (detatched chain stitch) but I decided I should finish this and do a couple of other things before I got totally absorbed in that one as well.

Anyway, I lined the pouch with the same fabric that I had used on the top corners (it is almost totally covered by the ribbon bow on the front) before stitching the side seams. I made a cord from a selection of toning DMC floss and wrapped that with a finer cord also made from DMC floss. I left about an inch hanging below the bottom when I stitched the cord to the side seams so that I could unravel the threads to make a tassel.

As usual, I made a few mistakes, like stitching beads all along the seams treatment so they were in the way when I came to sew it together. Also, I put wadding between the ground fabric and the CQ fabrics. I think it gives the embroidery a nice plump, padded look, but it has made this little pouch a bit bulky. Still, I have learnt a couple of things for future projects.

Happy Stitching

4 comments:

Virginia said...

Carol,
The result is fantastic!
I love it.

Chelle said...

That's so cute!

Jo in NZ said...

great pouch. Love the strap and tassels.
I use a heavy weight, iron-on interfacing on my bags and pouches. This will give the stability you need for an embellished item, without the bulk.

coral-seas said...

Thanks for your comments ladies, and Jo, thanks for the tip, I'll try that next time.

CA