Sunday 2 January 2022

On the Eighth Day of Christmas, Embroidery Gave to me ...

A Host of Butterflies

In September 2019, Arata-san returned to High Leigh to teach another advanced class. The main design offered on this occasion was Bevy of Beauties. The original is a double width piece designed by Arata-san’s Grandfather, Iwao Saito, founder of the Kurenai Kai embroidery centre. For this class, we were offered the design on a specially died Monmuji fabric. In addition to the embroidery class, we were offered an optional one-day class in Kinsai – gold leaf-application.
© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

The class, of course, was excellent but my recollection of it is a little hazy. Mum’s health was deteriorating at that time and I was extremely concerned for her and dad’s welfare. They had temporarily (we thought) moved into a residential home with nursing facilities. I know that they were well cared for while I was away but I could not stop thinking about them.
© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

As with all of these classes, I managed very little stitching but I did take notes during the lectures and class so I hope, when I come to work on Bevy of Beauties, they will remind me of what I need to know.

Happy Stitching.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

It must have been so hard to concentrate during the course, but this is going to be splendid, isn't it!