Thursday 25 October 2012

When the Sun Shines

Most of my stitching is done in the morning before I leave for work. In the summer months my frame is located beside an east facing window where there is sufficient light to work by but I am not in direct sunlight. Recently I was stitching at the weekend late in the afternoon. It was an overcast day but there must have been a break in the cloud because briefly the sun came out and lit up the gold work on my sampler.

© Thistle Threads/Carol-Anne Conway

© Thistle Threads/Carol-Anne Conway

I enjoy the technical challenges of gold work and metallic threads but seeing how my work sparkling in the evening sunshine reminded me that the best thing about gold work is the glitter and the glitz!

Happy Stitching

3 comments:

Cynthia Gilbreth said...

The sunshine really does bring out the gold, doesn't it? The sampler is really coming along beautifully.

Rachel said...

The gold really brings out the glamour of the stitches, doesn't it!

MeganH said...

The sampler is looking just magnificent! You do this before breakfast? Have you heard the Chinese saying "Beware the man who works after dinner" (ie he will achieve a lot) - I think "before work" counts as the same thing :-)