Wednesday 17 October 2012

Knot Stitch

This is yet another new stitch for me. I thought this one looked a little more complicated but it didn’t take long to get the hang of it.

There is only a short length of the stitch in #371 on the sample but it is used again to fill the ‘V’s on one of the motifs.

Knot Stitch
© Thistle Threads/Carol-Anne Conway

At first I used #371 to do the knot stitch in the motif but when it was finished, I thought that it looked out of proportion with the Queen stitches.

© Thistle Threads/Carol-Anne Conway

I stitched the second ‘V’ in #375 gold before I removed the first attempt so that I could compare the two.

© Thistle Threads/Carol-Anne Conway

I much prefer the colour of the #371 gold but here I think that the finer thread is works better.

© Thistle Threads/Carol-Anne Conway

Happy Stitching

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Knot Stitch is also called Braid Stitch, and I have to say I rather expected it to help with Plaited Braid Stitch - which it didn't, but it is a very pretty stitch!

Cynthia Gilbreth said...

I actually prefer the heavier thread, but then, I'm from the "more is generally better" school of thought. The knot stitch is a very pretty stitch, either way.