Sunday 21 October 2012

Interlacing Stitches

The next few stitches are interlacing stitches worked on a variety of foundations. I found them all relatively simple and pleasing to do. The under over foundation grids hold the interwoven thread nicely in place.

Circular Interlacing Stitch
© Thistle Threads/Carol-Anne Conway

Diagonal Four-sided Interlacing Stitch
© Thistle Threads/Carol-Anne Conway

Four-sided Interlacing Stitch
© Thistle Threads/Carol-Anne Conway

Eight-sided Interlacing Stitch
© Thistle Threads/Carol-Anne Conway


Happy Stitching

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Beautifully worked - they are fun, these stitches, aren't they!

Rachel Cotterill said...

I particularly love the second one :-)

Cath said...

Very pretty. I like the last one best.

sillsuthcork said...

very celtic. I love the use of gold metallic, even though they drive me crackers when I use them myself!

La Nouille said...

I love Celtic knots because I find them relaxing to look at but yours are just so GORGEOUS!!!!
Magnifique!!!!