Sunday 14 October 2007

Comfort Me Doll - Nearly Done

Oh no, I am beginning to find this bead embroidery a little addictive. I just want to keep adding more and more beads, but I am coming to a point where I think I am in danger of over doing it. That is another aspect of design that I find difficult, when is a piece finished?


I filled the petals and leaves with seed beads using a stitch that, in embroidery, I know as seeding, I don't know if it is called the same in bead embroidery. I like the way that it fills the shapes without making them overly heavy. I also like the way the beads sparkle when they are randomly scattered in differing directions.

Happy Stitching

2 comments:

KV said...

This is quite beautiful. The colors are peaceful and loving, and the beading is so wonderfully delicate in appearance.

The beading will be done when YOU think it is done . . . or, when the beads tell you it is done!

Keep on enjoying the process!

Kathy V in NM

Elizabeth Braun said...

I sympathise! Deciding when a project is really finished and embellished to the optimum level is really hard. I think learning that skill makes the difference between an average person interested in textiles and a real artist, or what do you say?