Thursday 4 September 2008

Good News, Bad News

Good news: I escaped without breaking so much as a fingernail and not a drop of blood was split.
Bad news: A car knocked me off my bike yesterday morning and I am very battered and bruised.

Good news: Last night J came home from a week-long holiday in Spain.
Bad news: I am so bruised and battered I can barely manage to hug him.

Good news: I’m taking a couple of days off work to recover and keep some weight off my left foot.
Bad news: My hands are so painful I can’t hold a needle, so no stitching for today at least :(

I had a very lucky escape and am counting my blessings.

Happy Stitching

9 comments:

Deepa said...

Goodness!!
What a shock it might have been!!
Wish you a speedy recovery,both physically and mentally.

Hugs
Deepa

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Oh, dear! Rest up, you deserve it after such a horrible experience. The bruising will heal but there's psychic healing to do also, so treat yourself gently for a week or so.
Hugs from Chilly Hollow,
Jane

Susan Elliott said...

YOu are so right to be grateful; it could have been much worse. Here's to healing your body and your mind after that close call; enjoy your surfing!

Love to Stitch 99 said...

So sorry to hear that. Hope you feel better real soon.

Pierrette =^..^=

Moonsilk Stitches said...

read, relax and reflect until you feel better. That sounds like a very scary accident! take care, Marjorie

Anonymous said...

Im glad it wasnt worse - I hope you recover well, and quickly

Anonymous said...

Goodness I turn my back for two days and you get up to so much. Look after yourself and get those two men to look after you. Do you think that ???? powder had anything to do with it??? Thanks for a lovely weekend and talk to you soon Sue

Robin said...

I had that happen once while bicycling in France (actually 3 mo in Europe, including 4 lovely weeks in the UK. The bad news part is no fun at all, but I too was very greatful not to have broken bones or spilled blood. I hope you're holding a needle with great abandon again soon!

Thanks for visiting my blog and following the BJP! Beady blessings, Robin

Mary Corbet said...

Oh, noooo! I hope you have a very speedy recover, Carol-Anne! That is bad news, indeed. I can imagine how rotten you feel, but I'm glad there were "good news" items to balance things out!

Rest up, take it easy, and before you know it, you'll have your needle in hand again! Being laid up is no fun, but it sure makes us grateful when we feel better!!

Hope you're with it again soon!