Wednesday 31 October 2012

Gold work Sampler – Finished

Gold Work Sampler
© Thistle Threads/Carol-Anne Conway

67 hours to complete the silk motifs and a further 37 hours to complete the gold work. This sampler has taken far longer to complete than I anticipated. At times it was tempted to put it aside. Not because I was not enjoying it but because I am longing to get on with either my Japanese Embroidery or my beading. But I knew that if I put it aside I may never get around to finishing it and I very much wanted to finish it and I am very pleased that I persevered. I have had a lot of fun learning these stitches and for the most part I am pleased with all of them.

I really enjoyed doing the interwoven stitches and the plaited braid stitch variations. I am probably least pleased with the ladder stitch variations. If I could be bothered to take them out and redo them, I think that I could do a better job now but I am more than ready to move onto another project.

The Back
© Thistle Threads/Carol-Anne Conway

Happy Stitching

9 comments:

Наталья said...

Очень красивая работа!!! Наблюдала за вашим процессом, хорошо что не забросили!!! И изнанка тоже впечатляет...

Cath said...

Well done on finishing this. It has been interesting to see the variety of stitches - you must have learned a lot along the way.

Hideko Ishida said...

Very beautiful!!

Cynthia Gilbreth said...

It's beautiful! Think of how much you've learned from making this sampler. Will you frame it? Maybe you should consider adding your name and the year.

Rachel said...

Congratulations! It has been a long job, but as you say, there is so much to learn... Are you expecting to use some of those stitches again?

FLOWER FRIEND said...

This is beautiful Carol Anne. Watching your progress on this project has been so interesting.

sharonb said...

I loved watching this and when I see it it makes me think about setting a personal goal to do more traditional stitching and traditional samplers (I love the look of reproduction samplers) Anyway congratulations on the finnish and thanks for the morning eye candy!

charlotte2 said...

Sampler looks great and it's finished. Well done.

mommafoso said...

Exquisite!! thank you for the numerous close up shots of your gorgeous work. Truly amazing!