Friday 2 November 2012

Progress Report - November

I’ve just returned from a Japanese Embroidery class in Garstang. It was wonderful to meet up with friends and spend four days stitching but it always amazes me how exhausting having fun can be!

With the gold work sampler finished and work resumed on a couple of other projects, now seems like a good time to make a progress report.

When I last wrote a report back in April, I was in a quandary about what to work on next. My dilemma was that I wanted to work on my Phase V beading, Pouchette, but would like to put it onto my 39” frame. I currently have Queen of Flowers on that frame and am loath to take it off even though it would fit onto a smaller frame. I solved the problem by purchasing another 39” frame!

No sooner was the last thread fastened on the gold work sampler than I was lacing the Pouchette into the new frame and this has become my morning project. It has taken a day or two to re-find my focus so little progress has been made thus far but I am beginning to settle back in to it.

© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

I worked of Queen of Flowers at Garstang. There were three qualified tutors there so it would have been daft not to take advantage of their knowledge and expertise while I was there. Although it does not look as if I have made much progress with this piece very much, I put in a lot of stitching time. Fuzzy effect is a slow process! I am a little uncertain about the two leaves I completed but want to put other leaves around them before I come to any decision about them.

© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

I cannot believe that I have nothing else to report! Apart from the Tulip Slip that I finished in June, all of my stitching time has gone into the gold work sampler!

Happy Stitching

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I suspect that the fact you were enjoying yourselves camouflaged the fact that you were all working really hard...!

Cynthia Gilbreth said...

Wow! Both of these projects are pretty intense! and very beautiful.

Cath said...

Good to see the phase V beading has come out again. I'm looking forward to see how it develops.

Susan Elliott said...

Maybe I'll drag out my Queen (it's on a salmon shade of fabric) and stitch it this Spring. Maybe.

I see you've added another frame...my guess is that there are more in your future ;) Which, I happen to think, is a marvelous thing.