Monday 14 November 2011

Floral Melody, Leaf 9

There are two part leaves on each side that I originally outlined in orange beads and filled with the pale topaz tricuts.

© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

Later, I wondered if the inner curve should have been outlined with the small silver beads. I decided to give it a try so out came the row of orange beads ...

© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

... and in went a row of silver beads.

© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

But ... I don’t like it so the silver beads will be coming out and the orange ones are going back in.

Happy Stitching

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Definitely worth the experiment, but I think on balance I agree with you!

Marjolein said...

Yes, I agree with you too!

MeganH said...

I agree - the silver is too cold.

Unknown said...

Your work is magnificent, thank you sharing,

wendy harbaugh said...

curious I have been following this and was wondering what type of fabric are you sewing the beads on to as I have always wanted to make a beaded purse and never knew what would make a great foundation fabric for the weight and all