Monday 7 November 2011

Floral Melody, Flower 2

I’m pleased that Marjolein mentioned the beads “with no specific colour” because they are the subject of this post. In fact there are two different beads in the background of the leaf. I have used tri-cut beads along the bottom edge, as viewed in this picture, and seed beads elsewhere. Both beads are light topaz in colour but the seed beads are slightly paler than the tri-cuts.

© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

When I stitched the first large flower, I used the tri-cuts to fill the background.

© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

When I stitched the second large flower, I used the seed beads and filled the background more densely.

© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

I decided that I preferred it this way so reworked the first flower to match.

© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

Happy Stitching

4 comments:

Cynthia Gilbreth said...

I can't get over how lovely this piece is. Your bead embroidery is beautiful

Marjolein said...

On my computerscreen each picture has a different background fabric.
That of course influences the color of the light background beads.

Susan Elliott said...

It's beautiful either way...because you're such a primo-fabulous amazing stitcher, they both are incredible. That being said, I liked the tri cut one with the open space. But my opinion counts for nihil, nada, nothing... yet it was fun to make a choice even if you didn't ask me to...

Rachel said...

It's always interesting to see the subtle differences made by slightly differences in the form or size or arrangement of the beads!