Thursday 8 November 2007

Plimoth Sampler - Finished

So, here is the completed sampler. I was able to stitch each motif in an evening and thoroughly enjoyed all the stitches, especially those that I had never tried before. The sampler is now in the post on it’s way back to Plimoth Plantation.

If you haven’t already paid a visit to The Embroiderer’s Story, I recommend that you do and, if you are so inclined, order a sampler kit and support this amazing project. Half the cost of the kit goes directly to the project and all the completed samplers will be used as part of the Exhibition due to open next year.


On a completely different note, I received an email at the weekend to let me know that my first Comfort Doll has finally found her way to Pat Winter. I am so happy as I thought she had got lost.

While I am urging people to take part, this is another really worthy cause. I love making things and often don’t know what to do with them once they are finished, what better than to send it to someone who could do with a little comfort in their life. If you don’t have time to make a doll, visit the blog anyway and see some of the amazing dolls that have been donated.

Happy Stitching

1 comment:

KV said...

Thanks for sharing your adventure with the Plimoth Sampler. I am living vicariously through your stitching since there is no way on earth that I can possibly take on another project at this time.

Kathy V in NM