My local branch of the Embroiderer’s Guild, Oxford, arranges several workshops each year for its members. Several months ago we had a day workshop with Frances Pickering. Everyone enjoyed the day so much that the branch arranged another workshop, this time the entire weekend, Friday evening, and all day Saturday and Sunday.
The weekend was quite exhausting but ever so enjoyable. The aim was to make a book, or at least make a good start on it, based on a theme of Victorian Romance.
I think that this would more correctly be called a mixed media project than embroidery one. We have dye pages with Brusho, learnt to create texture with PVA glue, by layering paper or with a soldering iron. We have applied colour with just about any medium possible and generally had a lot of fun.
I’m not sure how I got so of theme, but I ended up doing an under the sea theme and as usual I am so slow that I did not come close to making a complete book. My cover is more or less finished but I have barely begun on the pages. I hope that this will not be come just another UFO, although I don’t know when I will find time to work on it for a while.
This is the front cover. (the elastic bands are holding it together temporarily)
And this is the back.