Tuesday, 8 May 2007

Bridesmaid's Dresses - Finished

Whew, the dresses are finished (all except pressing and delivery). Last week my overlocker (serger) broke down. I have to say a big thank you to Witney Sewing Machines who gave me priority on the repairs and didn't charge an arm and a leg for the privilege. On Saturday evening I ran out of thread. I know that overlockers use a lot of thread but the length of these hems just ate it up. There are not too many places that sell thread around here and none of them open on Sunday or a Bank Holiday Monday. I rushed out in my lunch hour today to get more and as soon as dinner was done, I set to work.

I am relieved that they are finished and ten days from now, I look forward to watching the dresses follow the bride up the aisle.

Happy Stitching.

No comments: