One of my biggest failings is not finishing a project. It helps if I have a goal or deadline, as I did with this bag. Monday evening I made a cord for the handles. The main cord is two shades of grey combined and then twisted into a cord. First I wrapped it with the silver and silk thread that I used in the embroidery in the same direction as the twist. Then I wrapped it in the opposite direction with a textured thread taken from the Olive Twist assortment. Last night I backed it, made up the bag and attached the cords. I positioned one of the button clusters too low and they don't sit nicely.
The Guild meeting is this evening. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else has done. There are some exciting textile artist in the group, including some very talented machine embroiderers, felt makers, weavers and one lady who specialises in freestyle lace-making. After the competition the bags will be auctioned to raise funds for the branch.