Tuesday 12 April 2022

Strawberry Cheesecake

Fortnum and Mason have been running a competition to create a Platinum Pudding in celebration of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee. While we have some very fine bakers among our membership, at Textiles in Oxford we chose to celebrate our silk with a needle by creating stitched cakes and deserts. I, like others, decided to use only ingredients that I had in my store cupboard.

I had a hunt around my sewing room and found both inspiration and the supplies to make my dream dessert. The Epoisses had long since been consumed (and enjoyed) but I had kept the box thinking I’d find a use for it one day and since cheesecake is a firm favourite in this household, that is what I decided to make.

© Carol-Anne Conway

I would have liked to make a strawberry cheesecake but strawberries were not in season when I started so I decided to make a vanilla cheese cake and grow a few strawberries at home to decorate it. My strawberries are heritage varieties, the likes of which Queen Elizabeth I might have enjoyed.
© Carol-Anne Conway

© Carol-Anne Conway

© Carol-Anne Conway

© Carol-Anne Conway

© Carol-Anne Conway

© Carol-Anne Conway

With no recipe, it was a little bit experimental. The vanilla filling curdled slightly but the strawberries are delicious, even if I say so myself.

Happy Stitching

2 comments:

Rachel said...

That's delightful - I love your heritage strawberries - perfect!

Lyn Warner said...

I love the different varieties of strawberries that you found to decorate the cheesecake. It all looks scrumptious.