Thursday 24 September 2020

Queen of Flowers - bud

Where colour had played a large part in the other elements of this design, I wanted to form the bud solely using different thickness of thread and couching methods. The bud on the original background fabric is a deep pink but, having already moved away from the pinks, I chose to do a pure white bud. I put in the foundation threads for the entire bud leaving one point open space between the petals.

© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

My intention was to make the bud appear round by using thicker threads and diagonal couching on the fullest parts.

© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

Again, I used colour and various thicknesses of thread on the surrounding leaves to give an increased depth of field to the bud.

© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

Happy stitching

2 comments:

Rachel said...

That has worked very well, hasn't it! For all the wonderful complexities available to us, sometimes the simplest possible idea is the one to use...

D1-D2 said...

I'm enjoying following along :) It's looking so good.