Thursday 6 March 2014

Ding, Ding. Round Two

When I last wrote about Pouchette I had nearly completed side one and had only the seeding on half the background remaining. It did not take me very long to complete that. With a bag that has the same design on both sides, I find it a little bit difficult to motivate myself to do the second side. To avoid this, when I stitched Phase IV I worked on both sides simultaneously. With Pouchette, because I was working out my own stitching plan, I did not want to work that way. Wanting to finish this project provided a lot of motivation for doing side two but I still experienced that "Hooray, I’ve finished - oh, wait! I have the other side still to do!" feeling. I looked for a way to make it fresh for myself.

On side one I had stitched one motif at a time. On side two I planned to work on the whole design at the same time.

© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

I like the way the gold lines flow through the design and from the beginning I intended to feature them so that is what I worked first on side two.

© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

It took me 28 hours to couch all of the outlines.

© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

Happy Stitching

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Working two identical pieces is always a problem for me, too - just cannot persuade myself to be enthusiastic about the second! Did the different approach help?

Cath said...

It's good to see an update on the bead embroidery. Nice flowing lines :-)

Wendy said...

I am struggling a little to see which bits have been embroidered. I see in the final photo the couched gold lines, is there more embroidery? The couching that I do see is beautiful!

coral-seas said...

Thank you all for your comments and kind words. Wendy, your eyes do not deceive you, there are only the couched gold lines to be seen in these pictures. There will be progressively more embroidery on future posts :-)