Monday 10 December 2012

Progress Report - December

I am definitely not getting as much stitching time as I would like, especially at the weekends, but I am managing to fit in a little time most mornings to work on my Pouchette. I am making slow but steady progress. It is a good thing that I enjoy couching because my design involves a lot of couching and it is taking a very long time to do all the outlines. I think that it will be worth it because it does emphasis the swirly gold lines in the way I imagined. The Pouchette had a day out at The Big Stitch last Saturday and I received some very nice comments about it.

© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

In the evenings I have been working on the bird thimble holder. Another slow project! All of those tiny buttonhole stitches round and round and round! Actually, it is not all round and round, there was a little toing and froing for a while. I finally covered the entire body. It has taken me two months just to do that and that was only lesson one of four so I may be working on this little bird for some time yet.

© The Essamplaire/Carol-Anne Conway

Happy Stitching

3 comments:

Mary Corbet said...

Oh My Goodness - the beading is really beautiful, Carol-Anne! Absolutely stunning. It's amazing how they "pick up" the middle of the fabric and make it almost glow.

I love the little form for the thimble, too - looks like a Huge Job for such a little thing!

~MC

Rachel said...

You do seem to line up a lot of very fine work for yourself! Good to see the bird form finished, and looking so even and neat - well done, as it can't have been easy!

Cath said...

It's good to see the Pouchette appearing again. The colour gradations look great. It will be worth the effort when it's finished. Maybe Christimas will give you some more stitching time?