Sunday 8 May 2011

Progress Report - May

Thirty days hath September, April, June and November ...

I was working for sixteen days, in Venice for 4 days, decorating for 6 days and at a Japanese Embroidery open day for one day. That left just four days for embroidery!

On one of those days I stitched from early morning to late evening but I was watching the Royal Wedding at the same time. Another day, I went for a walk with my Mum with the hope of hearing the cuckoo for the first time this year (which we did) and one the remaining two days, stitching was squeezed inbetween, shopping, cleaning, washing etc, etc.

If it sounds like I am making excuses for the lack of progress this month, I am.

Camellias does not look very different from a month ago but I have made a lot of progress with learning Long and Short Stitch. Having said that, something is seriously hindering my progress with this piece. When I find time, I will blog about both my progress and the obstacles.

© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

When I realised that I was making no progress with Camellias, I decided to turn my attention to something else but not completely different. I began Floral Glove several months ago but it had gone into hibernation. Now was a good time to revive this project and I have made reasonable progress given that I have has so little stitching time. I have a lot to blog about this project!

© Thistle Threads/Carol-Anne Conway

In addition, I have done another Round Robin Doodle Travelling page. These are a lot of fun, but I cannot blog about them until the Round Robin is complete.

Happy Stitching

5 comments:

Elizabeth Braun said...

Oh, I think you're doing just fine. You seem to have a good, full life of which stitching is just one part.=)

Isn't Venice lovely? I'd LOVE to go again - or to anywhere in Italy for that matter!

Rachel said...

I'm now green with envy - Venice is high on my list of Places I Long To See - and I would happily take lack of progress stitching in return for a few days in Venice!

Susan Elliott said...

Venice!!! Where's the report on that!!! That's enough of an accomplishment for May don't you think? I'm with Elizabeth, I think you're doing fine! Really fine!

India said...

This blog have very good information and very nice blog, i am from india there are so many tourists destination in india, India Tours is a best option for holidaysIndia Trip Planner
India Trip Deals
India Tour Packages
Trip Advisor India
India Tour

MeganH said...

Hi dear,

This is a bit backwards - but, when's your b'day? I've just found the perfect card for you, while looking for one for Rachel (hope she doesn't come back and re-read these comments!)