Friday 25 July 2008

Karahana, the fifth petal

I had some unexpected stitching time at the beginning of the week that allowed me to complete the fifth petal. This petal is smaller than those I have already stitched but I also think that I am stitching slightly quicker than when I began. I suppose that is to be expected.

© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

After completing each petal I wonder whether to continue with the petals or to have a change and stitch a different element. With only one small petal remaining I will definitely complete that petal before turning to the leaves, stems and stamens.

I feel that I have reached a turning point with this piece now and expect the remainder to be completed relatively quickly, provided I get some stitching time.

Happy Stitching

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Beautiful couching!

Susan Elliott said...

Congratulations! It's no small feat to complete another petal!

KV said...

Simply exquisite . . .


Kathy V in NM

Carmen said...

beautiful!