Thursday 26 January 2012

Doodle Page - Flower Bed

For my own doodle page I had selected a piece of fabric cut from a thread-bare Liz Claiborne blouse that had I had been saving for just such an occasion. I asked the other participates to embroider me a garden and to get it started I doodled an aster, inspired by Lesley Turpin-Delport in Just Flowers. Then I sent my page on its travels starting in Australia.

Sadly, after Dian added her embroidery and sent my page on the next leg of its journey, it went astray. I cannot be too upset; this is part and parcel for Round Robins and worldwide exchanges. My main regret is that I will never get to see Dian’s original embroidery in my garden. Jo who was next in the Round Robin, made a replacement page from fabric in her stash and Dian very kindly embroidered some flowers for my garden a second time. Not only that, but Dian also did a doodle of an aster similar to the one I had originally done.










I am very pleased to say that my page then completed the Round Robin without a hitch before coming home to me.


Thank you, Robins, for the beautiful garden that you stitched for me.

Happy Stitching

4 comments:

Rachel said...

A delightful garden indeed!

Angela said...

I am just now catching up on my blog reading and have so enjoyed reading all the stories from the doodle pages. What a lovely robin to have been in.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Flower bed ideas said...

Various designs for garden flower beds can be applied on your garden. These designs should be carefully followed and maintained as well for better enjoyment of the garden layout.