Sunday 25 December 2011

Small Flowers, 1

Although the large central flowers are the main feature on Floral Melody, there is a whole supporting cast of small flowers, twigs and leaves surrounding them.

These were a delight to bead. Most of the smaller elements could be completed in a short session so every time I sat down at my frame I was able to add another flower. It was very satisfying and encouraged me to do some beading whenever I had a few minutes to spare.

Over the next few days, I want to share with you a series of short posts, mainly pictures, which show the progress I have made over the past few weeks.

I started with the larger of the small blooms. These flowers with their bronze centers and red, tricut petals took about an hour each to bead. They were great fun to do.

© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

The effect of the staggered petals is very different from that suggested by the drawn outline. They remind me of pinks.

© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

Happy Stitching

2 comments:

Rachel said...

As you say, small fragments like these flowers make progress much clearer to see and so satisfying!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful thank you so much for sharing your process:D:D


Ann Flowers
flowerscrazyq@gmail.com