Thursday 14 April 2011

Pink Silk Purl Bug

While writing the posts for the Glittering Snail, I noticed that I had never posted the finished Pink Silk Purl Bug.

There is little more to tell you about the stitching. The wings were filled with couched silk purl in the same way that they were outlined.

© Thistle Threads/Carol-Anne Conway

And to be honest, I can't remember too much about it now, but for completeness here is the finished article.

© Thistle Threads/Carol-Anne Conway

Happy Stitching

4 comments:

Margaret said...

The snail and the bug are wonderful. Your cord is so nice and tight and even. I can never seem to get mine to look that good. And using them for keys is a great idea - I have been so fixated on scissor fobs or ornaments, I haven't thought of other uses, so now I have an excuse to make more.

Cynthia Gilbreth said...

You are making me feel like such a slacker! I have this kit, too. Now I'll just have to start it! :)

Rachel said...

The bug is lovely. I can see I need to go and look at the other Nibbles as they seem to be a lot of fun!

Angela said...

I can see why you like these little kits so much, this is another lovely little design