Wednesday 30 April 2008

Half a Strawberry

This is taking me much longer than I anticipated even discounting the two false starts. The first layer of buttonhole stitches took me two evenings to complete. On reflection, I think I should have done smaller stitches to give better coverage of the foundation fabric but I am not too unhappy with bits of the fabric showing through, it gives more depth to it. The top layer of needle lace took a further three evenings to complete. I got a bit quicker as I got used to handling the GST and to the stitch it self.


Now I need to cover the other half of the walnut shell to match this one.

Happy Stitching

4 comments:

KV said...

Your patience is overwhelming! This is looking terrific . . .


Kathy V in NM

Librarian Lee said...

Hi! I was looking for "something" this afternoon to inspire me and I happened upon your page. This comment really belongs to your April 2 post about world peace. I had just written a very similar post at my blog...I find it fascinating that we (and many others I'm sure) had the same thought.

Mary Corbet said...

I LOVE IT! I really like the two layers, and your top layer looks terrific - really well done!

Are you going to do a whole bowl??

Love to Stitch 99 said...

That is absolutely lovely. Wonderful work :-)

Pierrette =^..^=