Friday 25 September 2020

Queen of Flowers - Pollen

With the bud and last remaining leaves stitched, I had just a few finishing details to stitch.

© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

The anther or pollen on the open flowers are worked in Japanese knots, I like to leave these to last so that my working thread does not catch on them as I stitch. First, I stitched a yellow weft foundation in the centre of the flower. Randomly spaced knots where worked on top.

© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

On the smaller bloom on the right, I had originally worked the shadow area in pink and the centre of the flower in white. I decided to rework these areas based on what I had done on the full bloom and bud. The pink area was removed and redone in a thinner white thread. The white centre was removed and redone in yellow with a few yellow knots on top.

© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

Happy Stitching

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Much better with the pink removed, isn't it!

gracie said...

Beautiful.

ZA said...

it is superb.. You did it in a very beautiful manner.