Saturday 29 September 2012

Guilloche Stitch Variation, Cross Variation and Diagonal Half Guilloche Stitch

I really did feel confident enough to try the guilloche stitch variations without practicing them first on my doodle cloth.

Guilloche Stitch Variation
© Thistle Threads/Carol-Anne Conway

I think that I could have made the weaving a bit more regular but as Tricia suggested in her instructions, it is not easy to keep the initial loops a consistent size.

Cross Variation
© Thistle Threads/Carol-Anne Conway

I am happier with the cross variation. I think this is my best stitch on the sampler so far.

Diagonal Half Guilloche Stitch
© Thistle Threads/Carol-Anne Conway

The weaving is more regular of the diagonal half guilloche stitch but there are a couple of places where is could be improved.

Happy Stitching

1 comment:

Rachel said...

The cross variation is great fun, isn't it!