Monday 20 August 2012

Gold Work Sampler - Motif #2

The second motif I stitched was a geometric design that I found much easier to count.

© Thistle Threads/Carol-Anne Conway

Once I had stitched the outline, I was able to fill in the centre with little reference to the chart.

© Thistle Threads/Carol-Anne Conway

© Thistle Threads/Carol-Anne Conway

I made one small change to the design - I stitched the central compass in mid blue and cream instead of mid blue and turquoise.

© Thistle Threads/Carol-Anne Conway

Happy Stitching

3 comments:

Iêda Klein said...

Um lindo bordado. Será que você pode dar o passo a passo?
Beijos, Iêda

Rachel said...

It is fairly easy to manage without the chart for geometric patterns like this, isn't it, by working relative to a fixed point.

coral-seas said...

Thank you for your lovely comment, lêda.

I have described how to do Queen stitch in the previous post to this one

Queen stitch