Wednesday 17 March 2010

We're Back

I'm back from seven days in Bournemouth taking two courses, 2 days learning how to apply gold leaf to fabric and followed by 5 days Japanese embroidery. I got back Friday night but life has been a little busy ever since. This was the first spring-like weekend of the year, so we spent most of it tidying up the garden. I think I probably over did it and felt rather stiff on Monday. My parents came to dinner Sunday evening. It was Mothering Sunday here in the UK and I know that having dinner cooked for her is one of Mum's favourite treats.

Edward is also back. He jumped ship on the return journey from Manchester and has been taking a holiday with his Auntie Sue. We were reunited in Bournemouth and Edward returned home with me. He was not quite finished when he went walk about so to celebrate the return of the prodigal fish I have given him a lining of red ultra-suede.


When Edward jumped ship, he persuaded a friend to join him. This is another scissor case, a lot simpler than Edward, but my own design. This was also unfinished. I had completed the beading and lined both the front and back sections. Since returning home I have joined the two halves and completed this project.


And finally, two other friends are back. Their return this weekend is a something of a coincidence. They came to stay all of last spring and most of the summer. Then they left. On Sunday I thought that I heard them, but put it down to wishful thinking. Then J called me to the back garden and there they were. Last year we had become good friends and they had begun to trust me.
Since they have been away, they have lost that trust. I will have to work hard to regain it. That or feed them regularly!


In the next few days I hope to find time to blog about the gold leaf class, my Japanese embroidery class and it's connection to my garden guests.

Happy Stitching

10 comments:

Front Range Stitcher said...

Sounds like you enjoyed a wonderful week and to come home to your feathered friends was a treat too!I think your scissor case with Edward's friend is lovely! Nice job. Also, the red ooh la la ultra-suede is perfect for Edward!

Susan Elliott said...

Welcome home! I love it when you do your own designs -- !! It's a beautiful case and your prodigal fish is really GREAT!

Angela said...

Welcome back. Sounds like you had a lovely week. Your fish is wonderful! Can't wait to see the photos of what you got up to in your classes.

Tina said...

I love Edward! He is so cute, how can a girl not have that to hold her scissors-Thank you for Sharing. I love the dragonfly design you created!

Rachel said...

Edward is an absolute delight - Well done!

Silver Surfer said...

Hello just popped in to say how lovely and smart Edward is looking. I have one of his distant cousins in the making. His name funny enough is Teddy Koi. He is a distant relation from Tenerife. He is also a golden carp although I have seen a nice blue one swimming about in the net.
Here is where you will find the blue one.
http://tumbletalk.blogspot.com/2010/02/fish.html

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol Anne I am glad Edward made it home safely I wsa worried about him completing the journey as last time in a car he jumped ship. I was also wondering if you call you ducks Loving Couple :-)))))) lol Sue X

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol Anne I am glad that Edward made it safley back home I was worried about him as last time her went in car he jumped ship. I was also wondering if you call your ducks Loving Couple :-)))) lol Sue X

MeganH said...

I'm getting an "Edward" too! I just HAVE to have one!

Nancilyn (Fiberdabbler) said...

What a splendid companion Edward has!